The New Year

Wow, I haven't posted on here since September! That's crazy talk. Straight up.

With this coming new year, we all have new goals. I want to get back on this 'blogging' horse for all of the races I have scheduled for 2013! I would also LOVE to be an efficient swimmer. I want to get an unassisted pull up (strict and/or kipping) (I basically want to not do everything assisted at crossfit and be a badass). I want to stop making excuses. I want to take pride in myself and be a confident, strong woman.

I just amped up this crazy big race calendar for 2013, so hopefully I will be posting on here more to keep track of everything and my experiences! I still enjoy going back through the posts every once in a while and reading about what my training was like for various races, so here we go on this crazy journey again with the first stop: Chilly Cheeks Duathlon; and my A race this year being Boulder 70.3 in August!!

First thing to do on my race tour to Boulder, I gotta get this swimming thing down. A few friends from Anchor (my box) all went to the pool a few weeks ago and helped me with some pointers, so now I really just need to get the mechanics down and get to swimming laps and laps and laps. The other side of that coin is that I have the Big Sur Marathon at the end of April and need to start amping up (really just start running period) my running to successfully complete the race. I'm nervous and excited to get back into running. I'm anxious to see if I can improve after being in crossfit for some odd months...and hopefully that will keep the ole running injuries at bay. We shall see...time will tell.

It's been difficult trying to construct a schedule to accommodate swimming, running, crossfit, work, and the dog. I'm also going through a little turmoil right now which just makes me want to crawl into fetal position and stay there until everything calms. Changes are hard, especially when your strong base is in a different state.

Cheers to a new chapter and a new year, and happy holidays everyone!

 

Comments

Popular Posts