Have you sweat today?!


Okay...so I HAVE been running, I promise. It's just been chaotic and not exactly as scheduled thanks to all the effort involved for my move into DC!

I wasn't able to run the DCCS 8k, so my running story begins on Wednesday, May 25. I met my friend Erin at the Roosevelt Island parking lot to run on the Mt. Vernon Trail, for my first time ever. I AM HOOKED. It is a gorgeous trail, albeit super hot with no shade :/ The things you deal with... We set out for 3 miles and the heat got the best of us. I was very glad to have a reason to get back out on the road though, and grateful for the company. I always thought I hated running with people, but I think I'm changing my tune :)

Running Day Two (can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday), I decided to head back out on the trail and knocked out either 3.5 or 4ish miles in the heat, and MAN was it hot! I have a nice little tan going on now....bonus?! I ended up walking over the bridge to the island to check out the trails, since I've never been over there. Very nice...must go sometime when I'm not alone, you know....since I'm too chicken to trail run alone ;)



Saturday: This was my 'I'm super stressed and pissy, slightly hungover (ok more than slightly...thanks new roommie), but I'm grouchy and stubborn so let's go out and run even though I shouldn't - run.' Did you follow that? So I decided, since it was so hot and I was so dehydrated already from moving things and the night before drinking, that I would head out on the Mt. Vernon Trail and just go for three, see what happens. Well, I ended up going for five, and feeling damn good about it.

Note the lovely Lady Bird Johnson statue/whatever. Purty.



I did have to stop at about mile 3 of the 5 mile run because I was a little woozy...nothing chugging gaterade didn't fix!

Onward and upward...looking forward to getting out there today for 4 miles, going out there with Erin tomorrow ;) and continuing with my training.


Red face and dripping sweat is sexy...eh? Today I might have to do some crunches and go shirtless like all the others I see out there!




.....Yeah right.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts