Here We Go Again...

I'm back and - per usual - making poor choices in running! Shocking, I know.


I guess it's been a long time since I've posted anything at all, so here's the quick rundown:


Signed up to race the Gorge Waterfalls 100k
Started training for 100k
Decided to get pregnant instead
Quit training for 100k and dropped out of registration
Baby decided to meet mom and dad 2 months early
Bought a badass treadmill to get my tush back in shape
Baby is now 6 months old!
Still needing to get back in shape...
Decided to sign up for a marathon in a pathetic attempt to believe that nothing's changed in life and I can still go the distance...
Immediately regretted that decision when I got home and realized how difficult it is to train with an infant and a husband that has a different schedule.
Decided maybe I would drop to the half marathon
Listened to husband's optimism and faith in me
Decided to try for the marathon anyway.


Now we're all caught up!


So now I have exactly 14 weeks to get my ass in gear to run a marathon.


So that's the plan there. It's going to be a Hail Mary, but we'll see what I come up with at the end! I'm excited, scared, feeling a little mom guilt over training time taken away from my little man, but I feel motivated to do well because of my son. I'm hoping it will give me the momentum and push I need to get this done! I'm really interested in how this plan will play out as well since it's nothing like what I've tried in the past!


And I guess it could be worse...I could have signed up for an even longer race, so that's progress!

Comments

Popular Posts