RECAP - Week Two

We are starting Week Three of my marathon training (well, technically yesterday...)!


So in Week One, I was doing a quick ramp up and ran my first five miler since before getting pregnant! Then I ran 4 miles, and that was about it for that week :)


Week Two, I ran my first 6 miler straight since, maybe ever! Then I completed my first speed work out, which was so fun and also  a little tough at the end. I rounded out the week with a whopping 8 miles! I'm POSITIVE I've never run that far straight before. It was tough...my legs were tired, I was tired, the baby was mad until Dad got home and took over, but I did it! Then I skipped the 8 miles I was supposed to do on Sunday. That just didn't sound like a great idea. I'm still trying to semi ease into this.


I'm going to rework the schedule a little bit because I don't think my body will adapt well to running 6 days a week just yet. I think I can manage 5, so I'll start there and hopefully work my way up to the 6th day. I need to figure out a good balance so that the cumulative fatigue is accomplished (the whole purpose of this type of training) without burning myself out. I gotta tell you though, I am feeling fresher that I expected after these long runs! I'm excited to start getting outside for some of these runs too, since I've been stuck on the treadmill thus far.




I'm excited for some speed work tonight and then relaxing while watching The Bachelor!

Comments

Popular Posts