Global Running Day!

You know I had to hop on the treadmill for Global Running Day!

Today I decided to not go complete balls to the wall and I did intervals of running a quarter mile at 8:13 pace, and then walking for a quarter mile...for a total of 2 miles (one total running, one total walking).

8:13 is definitely pushing the pace for me. My fastest mile so far is 8:20, and I want to keep chipping away at that. Man did it take me a long time to cool down though. I keep getting in this crappy cycle of getting back into running and then getting sick. The month of May brought me an ear infection and then strep right after that. When does it end?!

I'm also terrible at staying on top of working out when I don't have a goal to work towards - usually a race. It's always been my motivation, outside of the brief time I did crossfit and quit running. I'm really trying to stay on top of it without signing up for a race since I haven't had great success with staying healthy to make it to the start line.  BUT I'm extremely tempted to sign up for the Bear Chase Race 50k. It's close to home, very convenient and I can train out on the course route, and I have til the end of September to train. It'd be perfect timing to get me in shape right before my beach vacation in October! It also has very generous cutoff times, which helps with my anxiety of the sweeps catching me and kicking me out.

It's been three weeks since my last post where I admitted my weight of 160. I'm now at 157! Whoop! Slow progress is still progress worthy of celebration! I'm hoping I can kick it up a notch once I really settle into a good workout routine. I would LOVE to be under 150 by August. I'm not sure how it will go trying to lose 7 pounds in two months while rebuilding muscle. We'll see. Once I get under 150, I want to relax the obsession with what number I am and base my health off of how I feel and if I look like I'm toning up.  At what point do you have to stop calling it baby weight? I'm three years out from delivery of my first, and a little over a year out from my second.

Anyway, get out for a run today! It's (hot) gorgeous weather here!

Comments

Popular Posts