5 Miles on Christmas Day

Happy Belated Holidays!

On Thursday I "ran" 2 miles with a friend. It was really running the first mile, then walking most of the second. I've realized that the hills in my neighborhood aren't as agreeable after days of running on them. They make my butt sore, and the cold makes my lungs angry. Nonetheless, I copped out on Thursday.

Saturday, however, was a new day. After a round of family phone calls to say Merry Christmas, I layered and laced up and headed out to the very, very deserted trail for my 5 miles. It was difficult getting into the rhythm, my body refused to warm up for the first mile. I did get to see 3 deer, an owl, and a fox over the whole 5 miles. The first mile came fairly easy...I walked a tiny bit , ran the next mile, then walked a bit, then things started to unravel. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. My lungs were extremely unhappy, as if I had smoked 5 packs of cigarettes just before running. Somehow I made myself finish run/walk to the car...a little disappointed in myself. Total the 5 miles took around an hour and five minutes...which is disheartening for my goal of 13.1 in 2:30.

I have twelve weeks remaining, and I'm going to bust my butt to make sure I don't have an outcome like the Jazz Half.

Today is 2 miles, and it looks like it will be a treadmill day. The wind chill is around 12 degrees....

Comments

Popular Posts