So I have these zebra pants....



Yeah, how awesome are those?!?!

Thanks to runningfunky.com, I will be looking fabulously ridiculous as I run my 26.2 miles with my Semper Fi Fund shirt on. I think the red shirt and the zebra bottoms make for a winning combination! Plus, everyone should spot me pretty easily!

This past Friday I attempted 6 miles to ease back into my training schedule for MCM (33 days away!). It. Did. Not. Go. Well.

Like, at all.

It took about an hour and a half, at least. Meaning, I walked 90% of it...in the downpouring rain. So much fun, oh so much. The problem this time WAS NOT MY ANKLE. It was my freaking leg muscles. It felt like I had never run before in my entire life, which of course would worry anyone that is only 33 days away from needing to run 26.2 miles.

Yesterday, I apprehensively laced up my shoes, complained to my roommate, and finally got myself out the door to attempt the 6 miles again. My reasoning now being (maybe stubborn) that I will continue to pound out the 6 miles until they get better and I am happy with the results. My training schedule says 5, I did 6 and I kicked butt compared to the 6 from last week! I'm not where I was time-wise before hurting the ankle, but it's definitely a good start to making my way back, and I am thrilled to go that far mostly pain free!

Today is 7, which shouldn't be too bad now that I've found my determination again. I'm a bit under the weather, but hopefully that won't slow me down too much.

Now it's just waiting to hear if I'm going to Italy for 60 days and missing MCM, or if I will actually get to cross that start line after all!


In other news, still planning out next year, and it looks like after MCM, my next A-race will be the DC RnR full in March to try and qualify (as much as I want to raise $500 to run the 50 if I don't qualify), then after that my training will be entirely devoted to JFK 50.

What up 2012?! Bring it.



http://www.irunfar.com/2007/10/training-for-your-first-ultra.html

Comments

Popular Posts